The Carnegie Arts Center will once again host a children’s art exhibition in Downtown Turlock this summer. Children in grades K-12 are invited to present their creative work to the public in the Carnegie’s Ferrari Gallery, a museum-quality exhibition space. Entry forms are available via the Carnegie website or at the Carnegie gallery. See below for rules and procedures for participating in this unique opportunity.
How to Enter Visit the website at www.CarnegieArtsTurlock.org and click on the link for exhibitions to download an entry form, or an entry form may be picked up at the CAC information desk. All entry forms must be completed and returned to the CAC with the artwork on receiving dates (June 1-4). Payments may be made by cash/check/credit card in person at the CAC when artwork is delivered.
Delivery All artwork must have a completed entry form and be delivered to the CAC in Turlock. Deliveries will be received on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 1, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 2, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
No deliveries will be accepted at any other time.
Fees Non-refundable entry fee is $1 per work for members of the CAC; $2 per work for non-members.
Categories Works will be accepted in three (3) categories; each artist may enter only one (1) work in each category:
- Sculpture & Ceramics
- Painting, Drawing & Printmaking
- Photography & Digital Art
Exhibition Details The exhibition will be on view from June 9 –July 30, 2017. Admission to the exhibition is free to the public; donations are strongly encouraged.
A free reception will be held on Friday, June 9, from 7-8:30 p.m. All artists, their families, and the public are invited to attend.
- Entries must be the original work of the artist. No copies, facsimiles, or pre-printed coloring pages will be accepted.
- Artists must be attending school or eligible to attend school in grades TK-12.
- Artists or their legal guardian must reside in the areas of Turlock, Denair, Ballico, Keyes, Ceres, Hughson, Patterson, Newman, Crows Landing, Westley, Grayson, Hickman, Waterford, Empire, Oakdale, Hilmar, Delhi, Livingston, Winton, Cressey, Snelling, Stevenson, and surrounding communities.
- By submitting an entry the parent/guardian of the artist acknowledges that she/he will comply with all rules, regulations, and deadlines of the exhibition.
- All works must be dry and ready to install. Works on paper and photographs should be mounted to construction paper, poster board or mat board. Works on canvas may be framed or unframed. No glass or Plexiglas will be allowed.