Art Around Town is almost here! On May 12, from 6 – 9 p.m., six Downtown businesses will be featuring great art and great food as part of the quarterly art walk events planned for 2016. Because this is also the Centennial year for the Carnegie Arts Center, on this special night the Turlock Historical Society and Museum has partnered in the event to help focus on Downtown architecture and history.
“We are calling this event ‘In Their Footsteps’ because we want people to think about how many people over the past 100 years have strolled these streets, shopped in these buildings, and enjoyed what Downtown Turlock has to offer,” says Carnegie Director Lisa McDermott. “With the support for the Historical Society and several area restaurants, we think this event will bring attention to what’s going on in art, culture, and dining in Turlock’s vibrant downtown district.”
Attendees of the art walk may stroll between several art galleries and businesses located on and near Main Street to view and purchase art, taste food samples from nearby restaurants, and learn a little about the history of the area from museum docents. Live music by the Red Pony Band will be featured at the Carnegie Arts Center.
Participating businesses can be found on the Art Around Town Facebook page and on an event map that is available at each of the participating venues.
On May 12th the following businesses will be open for the special “In Their Footsteps” Art Around Town event:
- Art Space on Main: 135 Main St (food sponsored by Green Grub)
- The Carnegie Arts Center: 250 N. Broadway (food sponsored by Latif’s Restaurant)
- Colossal Tattoo: 429 E. Main St. (food sponsored by Crust & Crumb)
- Community Art Gallery at Rex Klein Insurance Services: 132 S. Center St
- The Gallery Finesse: 128 N. Center St (food sponsored by Turlock Fruit Company)
- La Mo: 310 E. Main St (food sponsored by La Mo)
- Turlock Historical Museum, 108 S. Center Street (food sponsored by Bistro 234)